Portillo’s Chopped Salad
I may, from time to time, offer affiliate links to products or services on my blog. If you click those links, and make a purchase from them, I might make a little cash which I'll likely spend spoiling my furry family. Thank you for contributing to my bliss! View full affiliate disclosure.
- 4 cups Ditalini or orzo pasta
- 2 ½ cups Purple Cabbage, chopped finely
- 4 Tomatoes, Roma and chopped
- 1 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled bacon, cooked
- 3 cups Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and diced (optional)
- ¼ cup White balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper, ground
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, cool, and set aside.
- Cook bacon if you didn't purchase pre-cooked and crumbled. Let it cool and crumble it.
- Combine all the veggies in a large salad bowl.
- Add the other ingredients except the dressing.
- For the dressing: put everything except the oliv oil in a blender. While blending, slowly drizzle the olive oil through the blender top. If you prefer not to use a blender, you can also whisk all ingredients together in a bowl separate from the salad fixings.