OMG – I absolutely love this recipe. I made it with my daughter and grandson’s help on Super Bowl Sunday to eat during the game – even though none of us planned on watching the game. The men in our lives planned on watching and so it seemed like a great activity to do together.
I have been to a lot of gatherings and never had anything like this before. The original inspiration was found on allrecipes.com and what you see below is my variation.
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 8 oz raspberries, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 pound strawberries, cut into smaller pieces
- 8 oz blackberries
- 8 oz blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves - I used grape jelly because I had it on hand and someone in the reviews mentioned using it
- 10 8" flour tortillas
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Cinnamon and sugar to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together all the fruit, the sugar and the fruit preserves.
- Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat one side of each tortilla with the butter flavored spray.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- Spray again with cooking spray.
- Slice into wedges using a pizza cutter or knife.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- All them to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve together.
Disclaimer: While I know we have become a very visual world and an image of the food that’s been prepared from a recipe can be very appealing, I remember a day when good ole’ Betty Crocker was the best cookbook out there and had no pictures by any of the recipes. We used that baby like there was no tomorrow…trusting that it would turn out great. I have found remember AND getting a good photo of my food is quite a challenge and I don’t want that to hold me back from sharing here so I’ll be kickin’ it old school and not necessarily be including an exact picture of the finished product. If I’ve got one, it will definitely be here. Otherwise, I’ll be using a mindfully chosen image of some of the ingredients included or something similar. If you don’t see an image here of the finished product, read the ingredients, close your eyes and imagine everything blending together into one wonderful dish for you to enjoy! Don’t let the lack of a picture hold you back in the kitchen. Be creative and have fun!!