7 Ways to Show Yourself Some Love
I may, from time to time, offer affiliate links to products or services on my blog. If you click those links, and make a purchase from them, I might make a little cash which I'll likely spend spoiling my furry family. Thank you for contributing to my bliss! View full affiliate disclosure.
Taking care of and being kind to yourself doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of time. If fact, it’s often the small things that make the biggest difference. Here are a few suggestions for some quick lovin’ of the most important kind…yourself.
- Play with your pet. It’s hard not to smile when you dog is chancing that ball or your cat is jumping around wildly to get at something flying through the air…even a simple cuddle session can have a big impact on your day. In fact, just owning a pet has a great value for your overall health.
- Cuddle with the one you love. While cuddling with a pet is awesome, cuddling with someone you love can be even more fun. Here are a few fun facts about cuddling along with a little science behind it’s value.
- Doodle your worries away. Did you know that doodling increases your focus, creativity and memory? Plus it also helps you to see the big picture. Check out this post for more information about the benefits of doodling.
- Sing and dance like no one is watching or listening. Let it all hang out. Allow yourself to be free.
- Pay it forward. Doing something nice for someone else is a great cure for whatever ails you. Take it a step further and do something nice without letting anyone know it was you.
- Pamper yourself. Get your nails done, take a long bath by candlelight, go for a walk, sit in a park…do something nice for yourself.
- Just breathe. Sometimes all we need to shift our mood is a few deep breaths.
What are some of your favorite ways to show yourself some love? Share them below.