Pickled Cucumber Salad
I may, from time to time, offer affiliate links to products or services on my blog. If you click those links, and make a purchase from them, I might make a little cash which I'll likely spend spoiling my furry family. Thank you for contributing to my bliss! View full affiliate disclosure.
Bam! Seriously, when you make something in the kitchen and it’s so good one bite brings on a happy dance you know you are on to something. This was AMAZING!
Sweet Heat Cucumber Salad
- 4-5 Cucumbers
- 1 medium Thinly sliced onion
- 1 medium Thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 medium Thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno with or without seeds depending on spice level you prefer
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 cup Malt vinegar
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Celery seed
- 1 tsp Mustard seed
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Put vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed and mustard seed in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Leave simmering for a bit to thicken up/reduce down.
- Remove from heat and let cool, first on the stove and then, when cool enough, put in the fridge to cool completely.
- Slice up veggies and pack into two quart-sized jars with one clove of garlic each. I put the jalapeno in one jar only. I don't do heat well but others in my family do.
- Pour cooled mixture over veggies. If they don't cover completely, don't worry. The mixture will become more liquidy and the veggies will shrink. I just flipped my jar over once every few hours to mix it around.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours. They say if you vacuum seal the jars, it can last up to 2 months in the fridge. Otherwise, treat them like refrigerator pickles. Or just eat the entire jar at once. No shame in that!