Instructor-Led vs. Self-Paced eCourse: What Should I Choose?
I may, from time to time, offer affiliate links to products or services on my blog. If you click those links, and make a purchase from them, I might make a little cash which I'll likely spend spoiling my furry family. Thank you for contributing to my bliss! View full affiliate disclosure.
Hopefully, this post will help you make decisions about what type, of course, is the best fit for you, allowing you to get the most out of your membership.
All courses, whether instructor-led or self-paced, have a registration process “required.” I use quotes around required because, as a member, you have access to all the content as it becomes available AND we ask you to register for anything you choose to participate in so we can do the following for you:
- We know what you like and can add more of the same as we grow.
- You get on the email list for that course. Emails include encouragement and additional information to keep you on track and support your process.
- It also gives us a way to contact you, if something is changing or going to happen that will affect you going through the course.
So how do choose what’s going to be best for you?
Instructor-Led is best for you, if you:
- Value and prefer the support of an instructor as you go through the process.
- Like the accountability of feeling like there’s a deadline and knowing that others are in the course at the same time.
- Value a sense of community as there will tend to be more activity in the forum. This is dependent on several factors and, if it’s important to you, please remember that it’s really important that you also contribute.
Self-Paced is best for you, if you:
- Like to work at your own pace. Emails will still be sent at a designated pace but you can tuck them away and refer to them when it’s convenient.
- Enjoy doing your own process, without the involvement or interaction from others. Please note, some courses are best completed with feedback and interaction along the way. If this is the case, the description will say so.
- The timing doesn’t fit for you with the instructor-led course and you are self-motivated to complete the process on your own.
Either way, you will have access to the content, the emails, and the forum. You’ll be able to share in the forum, at any time, to get support, celebrate, and ask questions.