- cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken wings and drummies (or choose your favorite)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Frank's Red
- Hot ®)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Ingredients to follow this line are for the Glaze
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoon Asian sweet chile pepper sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil; grease the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce and toss. Add the vegetable oil and toss.
- Place the flour and wings in a large plastic bag. Hold the bag closed tightly, and shake to coat the wings with the flour thoroughly. Arrange the wings on the baking sheets, making sure they aren't touching. Spray wings with additional cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turn all the wings, and return to the oven to cook until crispy and no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes more.
- Whisk together the garlic, ginger, chili paste, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Put about half the wings in a large mixing bowl. Pour about half the sauce over the wings. Toss the wings with tongs to coat evenly; transfer to a tray and allow to sit about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to soak into the wings before serving. Repeat with remaining wings and sauce.
Curious about those cream cheese wontons? I forgot to take a pic…it was time to eat. They only need to cook for 5-7 minutes (until golden brown and crispy) and cook at the same temp as the chicken so it’s easy to piggy back the two for a meal.
Cream Cheese Wontons Ingredients
Cream Cheese Wonton Directions
- Apply cooking spray to a cookie sheet.
- Lay out wonton wrappers on cookie sheet.
- Put 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the middle of the wrapper.
- Apply a little water around the edges of the wrapper, fold in a triangle and seal the edges.
- Cook in the 400 degrees pre-heated oven for 5-7 minutes until crispy and golden brown.