I don’t know about you but I love poetry. The written/spoken word can be so beautiful and writing poetry is a great way to develop your creative side. Structured poems can be more of a struggle than a free flowing one, but well worth the effort because they challenge your imagination.
Here’s a little activity you can have a little fun with.
- Choose a word that has special meaning to you.
- Use that one word as the title of your poem.
- You’ll begin the poem with the one word title.
- Line two will have two words.
- Line three will have three words.
- Line four will have four words.
- And line five will have five words.
Below is an example…
Helping others too
Growing as a person
Loving all that I do
I’d love it if you’d share yours below!