I may, from time to time, offer affiliate links to products or services on my blog. If you click those links, and make a purchase from them, I might make a little cash which I'll likely spend spoiling my furry family. Thank you for contributing to my bliss! View full affiliate disclosure.
We made this for dinner the other night and I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was. It was delicious and we had lots leftover for lunches during the week.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs I used Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp flour more if needed
- 3/4 cup olive oil for frying
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can basil oregano, and garlic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh mozarella
- dried basil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a dish large enough to lay the chicken breasts in.
- Mix bread crumbs with 1/2 cup Parmesan in a separate bowl, also large enough to lay the chicken breasts in it.
- Place flour in a dish large enough to lay the chicken breasts in.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour.
- Dip in egg mix to cover.
- Place in bread crumb mixture and coat really well.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in a lightly sprayed baking dish.
- Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes.
- Add slice of provolone to each breast.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle basil to taste.
- Add 1/3 cup grated Parmesan to top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until done. This will depend on thickness of your chicken breasts. Thermometer should read 165 degrees or higher.