10 Life Lessons from Albert Einstein
I may, from time to time, offer affiliate links to products or services on my blog. If you click those links, and make a purchase from them, I might make a little cash which I'll likely spend spoiling my furry family. Thank you for contributing to my bliss! View full affiliate disclosure.
I recently came across a blog post on Paulo Coelho’s website that I really liked. It seems to be making the rounds so I’ve included both the lessons here in my post, as well as the credit Paulo gave for his source. The post is called 10 Lessons from Einstein and is full of wisdom. It wasn’t until more recently I fully understood how awesome Einstein was. I mean, I always knew he was brilliant. There was never any question about that. I just didn’t realize how wonderful he really was. I love his unique blend of inspiration and these tips from him are perfect for all of us.
1. Follow Your Curiosity “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
2. Perseverance is Priceless “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
3. Focus on the Present “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
4. The Imagination is Powerful “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
5. Make Mistakes “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
6. Live in the Moment “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”
7. Create Value “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
8. Don’t be repetitive “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
9. Knowledge Comes From Experience “Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”
10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
Source: Dumb little man
I think my favorite tip is the one about perseverance. Of course, I might have a different favorite tomorrow! On Sunday, I wrote a blog post about perseverance so this one really caught my eye. It’s such an important piece of finding success, no matter how you define the word “success”. Are you willing to stick it out, no matter what? I’ve been at this for a while now and I’m not going anywhere. I love what I do and I’m going to keep on doing it. When the occasional road block appears, I’m going to get out of my car, push it to the side of the road, and keep on going.
What’s your favorite lesson on the list?