I came across this article, 7 Signs You Are Living Your Truth, on Mind Body Green and had to share it with you today. The author, Lauren Stahl, is so spot on about the courage it takes to be willing to be yourself…to honor your needs AND desires. Many people in your life will not want you to grow or change. After all, they are comfortable with who you are right now and changing may mean a change in your relationship with them and that’s scary. Others will want you to change but not to something YOU desire more…that feels good to you…but rather what they want you to be.
It’s important to surround yourself with people who honor your path of growth to becoming more of who you really are…your authentic and true self so you can, in turn, honor your needs and desires.
After sitting with her 7 signs, here’s my takeaway regarding my own life.
- While I don’t always feel balanced, I recognize quickly when I don’t feel balanced and begin making alterations to bring myself back into balance.
- I am truly not looking to be completed. I know I am fine alone and I enjoy that person I’ve become very much. Having others around me I love definitely enriches my life and it’s not necessary for me to be happy.
- I do enjoy some outside validation, for sure. Who doesn’t? But I truly don’t need it any longer to feel good. There are things I know I do really well and I enjoy my life a lot and I don’t need to hear that from someone else to know it’s true.
- My relationships are respectful with few exceptions. One in particular (not my hubby) is a work in progress but I love the person and know that they are important in my life and, as they do their work and heal, this will shift. There is respect there, just sometimes a harshness of tone that I’d like to see change.
- I am able to speak my truth and not feel bad or guilty about it. My soul crave the truth. It must be shared and I know this.
- I know that when someone says or does something that isn’t in alignment with me, it has nothing to do with me. It isn’t personal. It’s always their stuff (see #4 above).
- I am so much more than my job, my weight, my relationships, my anything. I am one with the Universe and am infinite. While I may wish I weighed a bit less or made a little more money or whatever, I know these aspects of my life do not define me.
So, how about you? What are your thoughts about living your truth? Where are you in your journey?