We all know what it’s like when energy isn’t where we want it to be and we’re feeling a little blue. It’s hard to get work done, to focus, to go about our day. I thought you might enjoy a few tips on how to keep your energy and spirits high, based on the principles in How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
1. Rest before you get tired.
2. Learn to relax at your work.
3. Protect your health and appearance by relaxing at home.
4. Apply these four good working habits:
- Clear your desk of all papers except those relating to the immediate task at hand.
- Do things in the order of their importance.
- When you face a problem, solve it then and there if you have the facts necessary to make a decision.
- Learn to organize, deputize and supervise.
5. Put enthusiasm into your work.
6. Don’t worry about insomnia.